Friday, July 28, 2006

Plans and Friendship

Well, I saw my doctor on Wednesday and though he's convinced I'm fine he did do some bloodwork to make sure. I'm still really under the weather however and have basically tried pulling the reins in on a lot of my life, hoping rest and relaxation will do the trick.

I'll be going back up to NY for most of August--doing a bunch of stuff I was robbed of since my landlord had me coming back early last time. I'll get a wisdom tooth out, see my dad and his family, and basically just appreciate being around my family. My grandparents are very sick and old and I hardly ever see them. My brother will be leaving NY in December for greener pastures so this will probably be one of the last times I'll be so close to him. I'm looking very forward to it, because once I start a real job it won't be a possibility again for a long time, if ever.

By the way, a zillion and one thanks to all my friends who have been standing by me and making me feel not-so-lonely during my sick days. Some of you have given me good medical advice over IMs, some have called me on my drive to the doctor to give me courage and say it's OK, some of you have offered to come over, risk my germs, and watch old Indiana Jones movies with me, and others have sent me pleasant emails asking how I am. Most of all, I appreciate any prayers that were said for me! It really means a lot, guys--more than you know. When someone's sick, it seems like the opportunity arises for the people in their life to show their true colors. You folks did, and your colors are gorgeous! ((Massive hug!))
"Thank you for being a friend" (Golden Girls theme, ha ha!)

1 Comments:

At 11:45 PM, Blogger The Kozak's Daughter said...

heeheehee ;-P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home